- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs, at room temp
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- zest of one lemon
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups icing sugar/ powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Spray and dust a loaf tin.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla and lemon extracts, and lemon juice
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients mix until combined.
- Add oil and lemon zest, and stir to combine.
- Pour into tin and bake for 45 minutes, or until it springs back when pressed.
- Cool the bread in the tin for 20 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Mash strawberries in a food processor.
- Pour mixture through a fine strainer into a bowl.
- Add lemon juice, and just enough icing sugar so that the glaze will hold it's shape, and just barely dribble.
- Pour over cooled loaf.