- Category: Cupcakes
- 240 grams (8oz) butter
- 240 grams (8oz) white chocolate
- 185 milliliters (6.2 fl oz)cold water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 125 grams (4.4oz) light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 250 grams (8.8oz) frozen raspberries
- 250 grams (8.8oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 500 grams (1lb 1.6oz) icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon raspberry essence
- Preheat oven to 155°C/ 310°F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- Melt butter, chocolate, water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Allow to cool for 10 mins.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs and add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, sift flours together. Add egg mixture to the flours. Don’t fully combine.
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture until combined. If you are making mini cupcakes, crush the raspberries, and slowly stir them into the batter. Otherwise, pour in 1/3 of the batter, and then add 3-4 raspberries in each liner. Add another 1/3 of the batter, followed again by 3-4 raspberries. Finishing with the final 1/3. Batter should fill the liners 3/4 deep.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until they spring back when pressed.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 10 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar, one cup at a time, until well combined. Add raspberry essence