- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 2h
- Total Time: 3h 30m
- Yield: 8" round cake
- Category: Cakes
- 240 grams (8.5oz) margarine/ butter
- 240 grams (8.5oz) white chocolate
- 185 milliliters (6.2 fl. oz) cold water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 125 grams (4.4 oz) light sour cream
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 250 grams (8.8oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 500 grams (1lb 1.6oz) icing (powdered) sugar
- 1/4 cup espresso coffee, cooled
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- Preheat oven to 150°C / 300°F. Grease and line a 8” round cake pan
- Melt butter, chocolate, water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Allow to cool for 10 mins.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs and add the sour cream.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, sift flours together. Add egg mixture to the flours. Don’t fully combine. Gradually add the chocolate mixture until combined. Pour in tin.
- Bake for approx 2 hours or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 1 hour. Remove from the tin and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth. Add the icing sugar, one cup at a time, until well combined.
- Add cocoa and coffee and stir until combined.