- 1 ½ cups plain (all purpose) flour
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- ¼ cup icing (powdered) sugar
- 1 tablespoon iced water (more if needed)
- 290 grams (10 oz) white chocolate
- 60 milliliters thickened (whipping) cream
- 240 grams (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons freeze-dried blueberries
- fresh blueberries and white chocolate to garnish
- Process flour, butter and sugar in a food processor or blender until mixture is crumbly. Add water and pulse until dough begins to come together into a ball.
- Roll pastry into a ball and flatten. Place into a freezer bag and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Roll out pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper to a 3mm thickness. Line a loose based 24cm flan tin with pastry, trimming the excess. Prick base with a fork and push a large sheet of baking paper into the pastry shell. Top with pie weights.
- Bake pastry at 190°C/ 375°F for 15 minutes. Remove pie weights and baking paper, and bake for a further 5 - 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
- While the tart case is cooling, melt the chocolate and the cream together in the microwave on 50% for 30 second increments. Be sure to stir vigorously between heating. Mine took 2 minutes in total. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Beat in the cream cheese. Whip for one minute until fluffy.
- Divide filling into two bowls and stir freeze-dried blueberries into one bowl.
- When crust is cool, dollop filling into the tart, and swirl with a spoon.
- Top with fresh berries and extra chocolate. Chill for 30 minutes prior to serving. Store in the fridge, covered with cling wrap at all times.
- The colour and flavour of the filling will intensify overnight (if you can wait that long!)