- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 14m
- Total Time: 1h 30m
- Serves: 3 cakes
- Yield: 9 cookies
- 250 grams (8.8oz) butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sprinkles
- 500 grams (1lb 2oz) butter, softened
- 500 grams (1lb 2oz) powdered (icing) sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars using an electric mixer, for 2 minutes, or until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add this to the mix on lower speed, then increase to medium speed, until fully combined.
- Wrap the mixture in cling wrap, and chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal balls, and flatten to about the size of your palm. Take the sprinkles and place them in a small bowl. Press both sides of the cookie into the sprinkles.
- Bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, for approximately 14 minutes, or until edges are browning. Let stand for 5 minutes before transferring them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream the butter using an electric mixer for 4-5 minutes using a paddle attachment. This should lighten both the texture and the color of the butter to a pale yellow.
- Sift the sugar, and then add it to the butter one cup at a time. Beat on medium for a minute, before adding the vanilla.
- Add food colours are desired, and then stack that cookie!