- Prep Time: 20m
- Cook Time: 16m
- Total Time: 1h
- Yield: 18 muffins
- Category: Baked
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 180 grams (6.3oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup low fat milk
- 2/3 cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 140 grams (5oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175°C / 350°F
- Spray muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg into a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until blended and creamy, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg, mixing until smooth and thick.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 additions and the milk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and mixing just until the flour is incorporated and the batter looks smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about 1/3 full. Add a small dollop of Nutella. Top with more batter.
- Bake for 16 minutes, or until the tops feel firm and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
- Cool the cupcakes for 5 minutes in the pan on a wire rack.
- Place the melted butter in a medium bowl. In another medium bowl, stir the sugar and cinnamon together.
- Carefully remove cupcakes from pan. Roll them in the melted butter, then in the cinnamon sugar to coat completely.