- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 45m
- Total Time: 3h
- Category: Cakes
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 medium bananas, mashed
- 440 grams can crushed pineapples
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup pecans
- 250 grams Cream cheese, softened
- 125 grams Unsalted butter, softened
- 425 grams icing sugar/ powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175°C / 350°F. Grease and flour a bundt pan
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, mash the bananas.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, add the oil, eggs, sugars, buttermilk, vanilla. Add strained pineapples and bananas. Place the mixer on low speed and start to slowly add in the flour mixture. Once it is fully mixed, turn to medium speed for 20-30 seconds.
- chop or crush the pecans and gently fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until it springs back when pressed. It should look a gorgeous golden brown.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 15 minutes. Remove from the tin and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar, one cup at a time, until well combined. Beat mixture on high for 5 mins, occasionally turn the mixer off, and scrape down the sides with a spatula. Store in the refrigerator or use immediately.
- Cakes iced with cream cheese must remain refrigerated until consumed.