- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 4h
- 125 grams (4.4oz) butter, softened
- 1 cup caster (confectioners) sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temp
- 1 1/2 cups Plain (all-purpose) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 125 milliliters (1/2 cup) milk
- 40 milliliters honey
- 300 grams white chocolate
- 100 grams cream
- pistachios and edible dried rose buds to decorate
- 1 teaspoon rosewater essence
- Preheat oven 175°C/ 350°F.
- Beat the butter and sugar with a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and honey.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In three parts add the flour mixture and the milk, starting and ending with the flour.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until they spring back when touched. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, and then cool on a wire rack.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and place in a medium to large bowl. Measure the cream into a medium saucepan and place on medium heat. Stirring with a wooden spoon, bring the cream to just before boiling.
- Pour directly into the chocolate and allow it to sit for 1-2 minutes. Using a whisk, combine the chocolate and cream and stir until it forms a thick liquid.
- Store into an airtight container until cooled, preferably overnight before using.
- Whip ganache with a hand mixer. Tint with pink gel food colour.
- Pipe white chocolate ganache on top of cooled cakes. Sprinkle with crushed pistachios and rose buds.