- 2 cups finely crushed cinnamon graham crackers (210g or 7.5oz)
- 90 grams (6 tbs) unsalted butter, softened
- 55 grams (2oz) unsalted butter, melted
- 70 grams (2.5oz) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 packages (240g/ 8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/4 light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2/3 cup (187g) sour cream
- 2/3 cup (187g) heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup icing sugar mixture/ powdered sugar
- 2 tbs water or milk
- 1 drop cream cheese flavouring oil
- Preheat oven 350°F (175°C).
- Wrap a 9" springform pan with foil, making sure it's high enough that water can't get in.
- Crush the crackers by hand or a food processor and then mix in butter with your clean fingers, or again in the food processor.
- Press the mixture into the pan. Bake the crust for 10 minutes on a low oven rack. Allow to cool completely.
- Combine all three ingredients in a small bowl and stir until smooth.
- Allow mixture to cool slightly before placing it into a piping bag.
- Turn oven temperature down to 325°F (165°C).
- For the filling, whip cream cheese in a mixer using the whisk attachment, or with a hand held mixer on medium speed. Whip until smooth, about 3- 4 minutes. Then add sugar, and continue to beat until smooth, another 3- 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla, salt, sour cream and heavy cream and beat on medium until smooth. Add in 1 egg at a time, beating between each egg.
- Layer half the filling into the pan, and pipe circles of the cinnamon swirl with a piping bag. Add the other half of the cheesecake filling, followed by the remainder of the cinnamon swirl.
- Create a water bath for the cheesecake by placing the pan into a roasting dish, and filling with boiling water about 1 inch up the side of the springform pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until set but still jiggles slightly 2 inches from the edge.
- Turn off the oven, place a wooden spoon in the door to keep it ajar, and let the cake cool in the oven for 1 hour. This is the secret to a crack free cheesecake
- Cover the cheesecake in cling wrap, not touching the surface, and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove the cling wrap, open the springform pan, and remove the side.
- Mix together the icing sugar and water/ milk. Add the flavouring oil. This is optional. The icing tastes fantastic with or without it.
- Drizzle over the cake.
- Store cheesecake in the fridge, and it can keep for 3 days.