- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Total Time: 2h
- Yield: 16 cupcakes
- Category: Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 250 grams Cream cheese, softened
- 125 grams Unsalted butter, softened
- 425 grams icing sugar/ powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 175°C / 350°F. Line muffin tins with cupcake papers.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In and smaller bowl, mash the bananas.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, add the oil, eggs, sugar, buttermilk, vanilla and bananas. Place the mixer on low speed and start to slowly add in the flour mixture. Once it is fully mixed, turn to medium speed for 20-30 seconds.
- Carefully spoon the batter into the cupcake liners, or fill using a piping bag, filling them three-quarters full.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until they spring back when pressed.
- Cool the cupcakes in the tins for 10 minutes. Remove from the tins and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar, one cup at a time, until well combined. Beat mixture on high for 5 mins, occasionally turn the mixer off, and scrape down the sides with a spatula. Store in the refrigerator or use immediately.
- Cupcakes iced with cream cheese must remain refrigerated until consumed.