O Christmas Tree, how lovely you taste?!
Two days till Christmas, and I have got the easiest Christmas tree cake idea for you. I always have the best plans of making this elaborate, amazing cake. And then, well, holiday shopping takes over, parties, graduations from school, carols, and baking cookies for Santa (which I actually haven’t done yet either). It seems like every year I end up in a mad dash to figure out what to serve for Christmas dessert. And I’m a baker! So this year I’ve kept it simple, retro, fun and fast.
This is going to be the coolest cake for us this year. My girls were so excited when they saw it, although to be fair, they are pretty excited right about now, about everything. Christmas is just about here! So a big Merry Christmas from our family to yours. Hope you all have a safe, merry, and blessed holidays.
SUBSCRIBE HERE TO YOUTUBE
• Two layers 9″ x 13″ cake – Vanilla Cake tinted green Americolor Mint Green
• 1.9kg (4lb 3oz) Sweet Buttercream
– 1.3kg (2lb 14oz) pink – 3 parts Americolor Deep Pink 1 part Sugarflair Ruby
– 500g (1lb 1oz) black – Americolor Electric Orange
– 100g (3.5oz) black – Americolor Mint Green
• Rectangular cake board
• Spatulas – http://amzn.to/22KYzEG
• Tree template
• Three 12″ piping bag – http://amzn.to/1VqsEJy
• Piping tip – Wilton #12 and Ateco 9307 – http://amzn.to/2hfwt56
• Bread knife
• Steak knife
• Soft Jube lollies