This cake is as cute as a puppy!
The best cakes are those you make for your own kids. But when your Mum is a cake decorator, it can sometimes be pretty hard to decide what cake you want. Hunny finally settled on a Beagle. After all, her first puppy was a Beagle, and I have to say, even though he was a lot of work, he was pretty darn cute.
My inspiration for the design of this cake was from a gorgeous Instagrammer Sweet Peach Cake. Definitely check out her designs, they are amazing!
I baked one batch of my vanilla bean and passionfruit cake, but I baked it in three 8″ pans, so the result with a little fluffier, and a much taller cake. From now on I’m doing to do this every time, it’s was so just perfect for this flavour.
SUBSCRIBE HERE TO YOUTUBE
• 8″ round cake – vanilla bean and passionfruit cake
• 150g (5oz)Frosting made with shortening and icing sugar (equal parts)
• 1.25kg (2lb 12oz) Buttercream – add vanilla bean to 800g, tint the rest brown (Americolor Chocolate Brown)
• Modelling chocolate
– 150g (5oz) brown – Americolor Chocolate Brown
– 25g (1oz) black – Americolor Super Black
• Spatulas – http://amzn.to/22KYzEG
• Scraper – http://amzn.to/1Tc5oc
• 12″ piping bag – http://amzn.to/1VqsEJy
• Piping tip – #17
• Turntable – IKEA
• Parchment paper
• Small rolling pin – http://amzn.to/1Slg8Ku
• Cornflour/ cornstarch
• Exacto/ craft knife