Created by admin on December 6, 2016
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 20m
- Yield: 20 cupcakes
- Category: Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 187 milliliters (3/4 cup) low fat milk
- 187 milliliters (3/4 cup) boiling water
- 60 milliliters (1/4 cup) oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 250 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 500 grams icing/ powdered sugar
- 100 grams white chocolate
- 30 milliliters cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Line cupcake pan with 20 liners.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, and beat on medium for one minute.
- Slowly pour in water, while the mixer in on low speed.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake for 20 mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cupcakes in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- Melt cream and chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir to dissolve and heat again if necessary. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar, one cup at a time, until well combined. Stir in the white chocolate mixture.
Christmas is just around the corner, but the baking has already begun. If you love a fluffy chocolate cupcake (or two), this is the recipe for you. These are a snap to make, and they are always gone too fast in our house.