Scrump is now a cake!
When my girls were little they used to watch Lilo and Stitch all the time. Stitch was of course the favourite. But when it came time to make a cake inspired by the show, I couldn’t help but think Scrump would make a super cute party cake.
I just love the mix of cute and scary. The crazy hair is made using bamboo skewers and modelling chocolate, and I can tell you in real life, it’s seriously adorable. Add in a couple of button eyes, and a freaky mouth piped with royal icing, and you have a pretty awesome cake.
I tinted the cake batter yellow, and the buttercream pink because who doesn’t love a fun cake inside and out? Cutting up this one though, was a little hard to manage. I just didn’t want to chop him up, but hey, cakes are meant to be eaten, right?
• Two sides of a 6″ ball pan cake – 1 batch of my vanilla cupcake recipe – tinted with Americolor Lemon Yellow
• 350g (12oz) Sweet Buttercream – tinted with 4 parts Americolor Electric Pink and 1 part Americolor Super Red
• 100g (3.5oz) Modelling chocolate
– 30g (1oz) Yellow – Americolor Lemon Yellow
– 60g (2oz) Pink – 4 parts Americolor Electric Pink and 1 part Americolor Super Red
– 5g (0.2oz) Blue – Wilton Royal Blue
– 5g (0.2oz) Black – Americolor Super Black
• 600g (1lb 5oz) Fondant tinted with 3 parts Americolor Turquoise and 1 part Americolor Mint Green
• Small round cake plate
• 12″ round cake board
• Small spatula – http://amzn.to/1Vtq19X
• Turntable – Ikea
• Bread Knife – http://amzn.to/1qXhtew
• Small rolling pin – http://amzn.to/1Slg8Ku
• Large rolling pin – http://amzn.to/1YARC6x
• Cornflour/ Cornstarch
• Exacto knife – http://amzn.to/22BXAFk
• Pizza cutter – http://amzn.to/1r5FyA4
• small paint brush
• 2 3/4″ round cookie cutter – http://amzn.to/1TUZYqc
• 6 bamboo skewers
• Two 12″ piping bags – http://amzn.to/1VqsEJy
• 2 couplers – http://amzn.to/1qSNe8E
• #1 and #3 Wilton piping tips – http://amzn.to/1QbdQpv
• Royal icing – half tinted pink – 4 parts Americolor Electric Pink and 1 part Americolor Super Red