Let’s be honest, you can’t be in a bad mood when you’re eating a cupcake. And someone has to make that cupcake. That person clearly is a happy person, therefore, cakers are awesomely happy people who are totally fun to be around.
1.Cake decorators remember your birthday, and will offer to make you a cake. Winning already!
2. They love trying other people’s cakes and sweets, and therefore if you go out for coffee with one of us, we will always order lots of desserts. We will call it research, write it off, and let you try a little bit of everything. Someone who shares their dessert?! No wonder most of my friends are cakers.
3. We take cake everywhere. Birthday at work? Got it covered. Dropping by unexpectedly? We bring our latest recipe to sample. Heck, I bring sweets to sports matches and dance lessons. Any time is a good time for cake.
4. We will never judge you for what you eat. You want to eat a cake, go for it. You want to go paleo, get fit, or train for a marathon, awesome! We really can’t judge people’s choices when some of us, totally not me (but side note, just don’t look at my Insta feed for a bit), eat muffins for lunch and waffles for dinner.
5. Cake decorators have less exciting social lives, meaning if you are at home watching a movie on a Friday night, or just painting your toenails, you are already beating us. Sure we stay up until 3am, but it’s icing cupcakes, or piping on a cake. You will by definition be the social butterfly of the friendship.
6. We are also the perfect person to call at 3am, before you do something silly, like text your ex. Anyone else up at that hour is probably as drunk as you, and therefore will most likely encourage your poor choices. We, on the other hand will slap you through the phone, and knock you back to your senses.
7. We know the weather report for the next week, meaning we know if you need to change the venue of your kids party for Saturday. Weather is our enemy, we hate sunny days, rain, wind, and basically all strong weather, and we talk about it constantly. We have you covered.
8. We know every sale happening at every grocery store. Let’s face it, we are there every other day, and we have to buy approximately 6 of everything. If you are on a tight budget, cakers will tell you exactly where has the cheapest eggs, baking supplies, chocolate, and dairy. We know everything.
9. We know all the cool toys, and the hottest trends. We might look like a wreck half of the time, from too little sleep, and food color stains on everything, but no one, and I mean no one, spends more time on Pinterest, Instagram, reads more toy catalogues, and watches more movies than us. We see it all! Our clients ask for the strangest things, and we have to know every character on the face of the earth, as well as every wedding trend, and everything in between.
10. Cake decorators are the first people to like your social photos, posts, share your memes and basically be your cheer squad. We love sharing funny stuff, other peoples achievements, and we are always in your corner. We also stand up for our friends like a tough big sister, and no one is better at putting people back in their place. Apparently most of us majored in sarcasm and quick wit in school, and we are not afraid to show it.
So find yourself a cake decorator, and makes them your bestie! xo