Created by admin on August 22, 2016
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 2h
- Total Time: 3h 25m
- Yield: 7" round cake
- Category: Cakes
- 220 grams butter
- 220 grams milk chocolate
- 180 milliliters cold water
- 1 1/2 cups white sugsr
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup all-purpose plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 250 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 500 grams icing/ powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon your vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 160°C/ 320°F. Grease and line a 7” round cake pan.
- Melt butter, chocolate, water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Allow to cool for 10 mins.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs and add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, sift flours and cocoa together. Add egg mixture to the flours. Don’t fully combine.
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture until combined. Pour in tin.
- Bake for approx 2 hours or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the tin for 1 hour. Remove from the tin and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the icing sugar, one cup at a time, until well combined.
- Gradually add extract until combined. Stir in chocolate chips
A delicious milk chocolate mud cake with chocolate chip buttercream. This is heaven!
Photo by Renee Bell