This is the mother of all ice-cream cakes! I found some coffee and chocolate covered hazelnut ice-cream, and I just had to make a cake with it. Topped with chocolate ganache, it’s just perfect.
Created by admin on May 13, 2016
- Category: Cakes
- 220 grams (7.7oz) butter
- 220 grams (7.7oz) dark chocolate
- 187 milliliters (6 fl. oz) brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1/4 cup Hazelnut liqueur
- 2 drops hazelnut oil (or 1tsp hazelnut essence)
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 hazelnut meal
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 200 grams Dark chocolate ganache
- 3 drops hazelnut oil
- 100 grams Whipped cream
- 470 milliliters ice cream - I used Coffee, chocolate coated hazelnuts and hazelnut liqueur flavour
- Chocolate, hazelnut and coffee inspired sweets to decorate
- Preheat oven to 160°C/ 320°F
- Grease and line two 7” round cake pan
- Melt butter, chocolate, water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Allow to cool for 10 mins
- In a small bowl, lightly beat eggs and add the sour cream, hazelnut oil, and hazelnut liqueur
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, sift flours, hazelnut meal and cocoa together.
- Add egg mixture to the flours. Don’t fully combine.
- Gradually add the chocolate mixture until combined. Pour in tin
- Bake for approx 1hour 40mins or until a skewer comes out clean
- Cool the cakes in the tin for 1 hour. Remove from the tin and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
- Level cakes and then add scoops of ice cream between the layers.
- Top with whipped cream, and a drizzle of ganache.
- Add sweets and chocolate on top.